Email Marketing, Social Media Strategist
- Peer Tutor & Mentor
- Banner Health Front Desk Volunteer
- President, BASIS Scottsdale Exploring Emergency Club
- Secretary, Scottsdale Mayor's Youth Council
- Research Intern, Arizona State University
- Acoustic and Electric Guitar Performer
- Taekwondo 2nd Degree Black Belt
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall?”
Rushil Jain is a high school student at BASIS Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.A. He is actively involved in several extracurricular activities both inside and outside of school, holding leadership positions such as activities director of HonorHealth’s Medical Explorers Club and secretary of the Science National Honor Society. Rushil aims to become a physician in the field of community medicine and promote public and global health in the coming years.
Rushil believes that public speaking should not be a chore that is frowned upon by students. Rather, students should view public speaking as an opportunity to grow and gain self-confidence to motivate themselves in the future, and when complemented by support from friends and family, this will allow them to strengthen their communication skills and succeed. With social media, Rushil’s goals are to promote the versatility and importance of public speaking in everyday life in order to attract students to join public speaking programs.
Awards and Recognitions:
● National Merit Scholarship Corporation Finalist
● Presidential Volunteer Service Award - Gold
● COVID-19 and Psychology Article Published in Pre-Collegiate Global Health Review Johns
● Coca-Cola Scholars Semifinalist
● National Spanish Exam: Four-time gold medalist
● AP Scholar with Distinction
● Top 40% of entries in Creative Communications Poetry Contest (Poem Published)
Outside of promoting the importance of public speaking, Rushil enjoys being actively involved in his community through leadership positions, also energizing his passion for healthcare. For instance, as a student leader of Exploring Emergency Medicine, he organized two different service projects: donating over 50 toys for pediatric cancer warriors to a local non-profit and over $2500 worth of canned food items to a food bank to support low-income families during the holiday season. With HonorHealth Medical Explorers Club, he has spearheaded a medical supplies packaging event at Project C.U.R.E. and a free skin cancer screening event for members of surrounding communities.
In his free time, Rushil enjoys playing the acoustic and electric guitars in addition to practicing taekwondo. Other hobbies also include watching N.F.L. and cricket games, traveling, and spending time with family.
“By promoting public speaking through social media, I want to make public speaking programs accessible for children of all ages to replace shyness and anxiety with confidence and motivation to excel.”
- Rushil Jain